Ballot Measures T and U
By Eric Gasparro, Staff writer
On Election Day, November 4, 2014, Torrance voters will have the opportunity to vote for or against Measures T and U. According to the Torrance Unified School District;
“Measure T will:
- Renovate and update facilities and equipment to provide career technical programs and advanced courses in math, science, and technology
- Upgrade classrooms, science labs, computers, and technology
- Make energy-efficiency improvements, and install low water usage irrigation systems
- Improve student safety and security systems, including disaster and emergency safety equipment
- Renovate or add school auditoriums at high schools
- Renovate auxiliary gyms (Formerly called “women’s” gyms)
Measure U will:
- Renovate worn-out physical education facilities, playgrounds and fields that serve the
- Provide an aquatic center for high school swimming and water polo programs,and for the entire community as well.
- Add multipurpose gyms at middle schools that do not have them.”
That means us, people!! If Measure U passes Magruder will get a Gym.
Your parents are probably wondering,” How much will it cost me?” According to the TUSD,”Measure T will not increase the current tax rates, and Measure U will cost the average homeowner less than $1 a month per $100,000 of assessed value.” Have your parents get more information about Measures T and U from the school district website at http://www.tusd.org